Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh, THERE She Is

Well, the time for deployment has come and here I am, back on the blog. Things were going so smoothly. You had to know that's why no one was hearing from me. Because things were going so well. It's true, I'm a fair-weather friend, and was so busy being happy that I didn't take time to update the blog. And then June rolls around the corner and "pop"-- out of the woodwork, here I come, friends, with more tales of woe. So predictable!
Chris left yesterday for the boat; got to fly on to the ship from the squadron so we dropped him off like any other day, except of course, that it wasn't. We managed to stay awfully busy after seeing him off. We went to the beach, watched a movie, got ice-cream with friends whose husbands had gone with Chris, and had a dinner/playdate with our neighbors. All of which landed us home just in time for bath, books and bed. Just as I'd cunningly planned. At the moment, unfortunately, it seems to be 3 a.m., and I'm wide awake after Jake's nightly coughing fit, waiting for the cough medicine to kick in so I can get back to sleep. Both boys have had a post-nasal drip that really gets a grip after half a night's sleep; Jake's is just hanging on longer than is welcome. But see how productive I've been while I was waiting?

2 comments:

  1. How long is this deployment? Hang in there! Marc mentions Jake at a minimum of once a week and still considers him one his best buddies.

    ReplyDelete