Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Full House

Can it possibly be March? We've been here 5 months already! Almost half a year since I've seen you, at least! It has finally gotten cold here. Don't laugh, but when you are used to 88 and sunny, 66 and windy is uncomfortable. Chris' parents are here with us, now about 1/2 through their visit. We are having a fine time, going about our daily business and the boys are absolutely thrilled to have all the attention. I'm getting to go out to lunch with girlfriends and go grocery shopping by myself. I'm even able to run Kailua beach in the morning while they all play in the sand. I am in heaven! Tomorrow begins the t-ball season and guess what? I am the assistant coach! My good friend Belinda stepped up as coach on the condition that I would back her up. We are the Phillies (of course!) and I bought red shirts at the Exchange today so I look official out on the field. Look the part and the rest will come, I keep telling myself. We've spent the last week madly preparing drills and assembling equipment. Can you believe the league didn't have any tee's to give out??!
Nothing new on the work-front, though I am helping Chris by designing a didactic panel for a new simulator building being dedicated to a medal of honor recipient. He's presenting my idea to the Commanding Officer tomorrow, we'll see if it gets approved. I'm not holding my breath: military graphics haven't yet proved themselves to be on the cutting edge of visual literacy.
Evan is verbalizing more and more: this week he said kayak (gay-yah), Grandma (gay-yah), and guava (gay-yah). His growth in vocabulary is truly amazing.
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. It just means we are content, cruising through each day much like the one before. Wish me luck on the ball field.

No comments:

Post a Comment